Pages

Saturday, April 1, 2017

Military Homecoming



Most of us have no idea what it's like to be in the military. We have no idea what it's like to be away from our families, to leave our loved ones behind for so long. Most of us will never truly understand the sacrifice and dedication those in the military make to keep our country safe. However, what we do know is how grateful we are for these young men and women that sacrifice so much for us!! San Diego is home to a large number of military families and it is here in San Diego that I truly began to understand the impact that a deployment can have on a family. I've witnessed countless co-workers and friends lose their spouses for months at a time and I've witnessed first hand the strength that is needed to make it through these challenging times. This story is without exception.

When Lauren asked me to photograph Sergio's homecoming I was honored. I couldn't wait to capture such a special moment for them. Here are some photos from Sergio's homecoming at the Miramar base in San Diego...

























No comments:

Post a Comment