Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Costa Rica

A girl's surf trip....

It is extremely hard to put into words what I consider one of the most amazing experiences of my life. 7 girls from two different coasts heading to Costa Rica for a surf trip...could be amazing, also had potential to be a complete disaster.

The trip started in Tamarindo at Witch's Rock Surf Camp and ended in Mal Pais at Casa Azul. We surfed several breaks along the Pacific Side of the Nicoya Pennisula: El Estero, Pico Pequeno, Playa Grande, Camaronal, Pena Bruja (Witch's Rock), Playa Avellanas and Mal Pais. We met some of the most incredible locals, ate delicious casados (pretty much every night) and completely engulfed ourselves in the Tico lifestyle. The laughter pretty much never stopped and the memories we made on this trip bring a smile to my face every single day.

As I boarded the plane in Liberia to fly back to San Diego I started to cry, not because I was sad to go home to my incredible life in southern California, but because this trip truly changed my life and I knew I would really, really miss it.

~Pura Vida

A few photos from the first part of our trip...more to come.

Witch's Rock Surf Camp

Witch's Rock

Survived Camaronal

Photo by Rafa Sandoval/Avellanas







2 comments:

  1. Angela,
    Thanks for posting this…I agree everything you say. I tell people that CR is the most amazing place I have ever been, and words can not express the experience. And, I am so grateful that I shared it with you! I especially remember when I stopped being your PT, and pretty much said, “Get your ass in gear, neck injury and all…you are going on this boat with me to Playa Grande!” Ha!
    I will forever remember my memories with you…”stoked all day every day” sums it all up!
    There is no doubt in my mind…we will go again!
    Love, Ana

    ReplyDelete